The QA Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (RQF) is ideal for people who work in, or want to work in, a construction environment. It has been specifically designed to provide successful candidates with a route to applying for the Green Labourer CSCS Card.
Supported by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), this regulated and nationally recognised qualification has been developed to provide a basic awareness of health and safety within construction.
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of the risks of working in a construction environment, principles of risk assessments for improving health
and safety at work, the importance of working safely at height and much more.
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Common causes of work-related fatalities and injuries
- Method statements and their use
- Health and safety definitions
- Hazards and risks in the construction environment
- Importance of safe manual handling in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Principles of safer manual handling
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace and employees’ responsibilities
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working at height and controls
- Risks to health within a construction environment (including asbestos exposure)
- Types of personal protective equipment (PPE) that may be used when dealing with hazardous materials
- Hazards and potential risks associated with working around plant and equipment and controls
- Hazard warning signs and symbols
- And much more!
This course is available at our Sheffield and Castleford Centres.
These are located at:-
133 Leeds Road,
Park House Lane,
For more information call or email us on
Call: 01977 326092